Our Ranching Standards
With all of the naturally-occurring benefits of
Piedmontese cattle, Great Plains Beef is strongly
committed to the expansion of this amazing breed.
Our program is designed to merge Piedmontese cattle
with the finest ranching practices to raise a
generous supply of this delicious, gourmet beef. To
maintain the integrity of the breed, we contract
only with ranchers who adhere to our
strictly-defined ranching standards:
- Our animals never receive antibiotics of any kind from birth to harvest
- Our animals never receive steroids or supplemental growth hormones
- Our animals must be raised on vegetarian feed only (no animal by-products)
- Our animals must be humanely raised and handled safely at all times
- Our producers must meet quality standards for feed and water
- Our producers and feedlots receive routine visits from Great Plains Beef personnel to audit records and verify protocol requirements are being strictly
- Our Partners in Success program is committed to improving the Piedmontese breed
These standards generate an impressive list of
benefits for health-conscious customers. This is why
Certified Piedmontese by Great Plains Beef is
world-renown as The Elite Beef of Italy!
Out West, ranchers have a passion for hard work.
This work ethic is woven through every element of
their lifestyle and has been an uncompromising part
of their heritage for generations. They work long
days and sleep well at night knowing the day’s job
was done right.
When ranchers team up with Great Plains Beef Natural
Meats, they experience a business relationship that
is every bit as satisfying as our superior quality
meat products. We go to great lengths to identify
“partners” who are interested in producing the
finest natural meat products as their agricultural
priority. We are committed to building bridges and
long-standing relationships with these ranchers that
lead to win-win opportunities for everyone. In
return for their hard work and dedication to our
program, we believe in sharing our success with our
As key contributors to our program, we work together
with our producers to maintain our legacy of high
ranching standards and resource stewardship. We
believe hard work, strict protocols and honest
relationships will result in wholesome meat products
that will exceed the expectations of consumers,
while providing our partners solid rewards for their
commitment to producing the highest quality beef.
Market studies confirm a growing number of consumers
are looking for meat products that adhere to a
strict protocol regarding the use of hormones,
antibiotics and source of origin. Great Plains Beef
has a long range plan that will satisfy this
consumer demand while providing significant growth
opportunities for family ranchers.
We are committed to building a natural meats company
that exemplifies the values and heritage of the
traditional working family ranch.